F.C. “PHOG” ALLEN SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship, named after “Phog” Allen, is awarded to the most promising and outstanding young men entering the University of Kansas. Known as the “Father of Basketball Coaching” and serving as head basketball coach for the University of Kansas F.C. “Phog” Allen is one of the University’s most prestigious alumni. While at Kansas, he played basketball under the inventor of basketball James Naismith and was a member of the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity. The University of Kansas Allen Fieldhouse, one of college basketball’s best venues is named in honor of “Phog” Allen. Serving his university, fraternity, and community, “Phog” Allen held strong values that contributed to his lasting legacy. In his likeness, winners are chosen based on their leadership, service and academic achievement during high school.
- GPA of 3.4 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- ACT score of 25 or higher (if applicable ) OR an SAT score of 1130 or higher (if applicable)
- Shows strong commitment to curricular activities and community involvement.
- February 26, 2018: All incoming students that meet criteria are notified of the scholarship
- April 20th, 2018: Final Application Deadline
- May 1st, 2018: Semi-finalist Notified
- May 11th, 2018: Scholarship Awarded